Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Observation #1 - Description of the Area

Site: Marsh/Pond Area
Date: 5/5/08
Time: 8:35
Temp: 52 Degrees F
Weather: Mostly Sunny
Soil: Wet (buried with huge cat tails)

The observation is located in the far north side of Rafter J (Jackson, WY) close to the two ponds. The area includes a marsh area with cat tails and a small pond in the middle, there are some small willows growing on the far side of the pond. The big cat tails provide a great place for birds to sit after searching in the grass for food. The pond provides a nice home for geese and ducks. Most of the plantation is cattails and tall grasses making the area mostly brown. The Biotic factors that can be seen mostly everyday are, birds, geese, ducks, cat tails, tall grasses, and bugs. There are mainly no biotic factors maybe some dead plants. I noticed that some of the grasses are fully pushed down towards the north east, I assume that it is from the mid day winds. The whole habitat size is around 50 yards by 50 yards. I could expect to see some moose or deer there in the next four weeks, because I have seen them around the area before, I also expect to see more birds and plants because of the nice spring weather.

No comments: